Monday, November 9, 2015

Lightened Up Slow Cooker Indian Butter Chicken

So fun fact, my mom loves everything about fall. She loves the leaves changing color, she loves the cooler temperature. She loves using her crock pot. She loves fall. So when fall came along, seems like Mom may have started forgetting to take pictures of us eating her experiments. Not that she wasn't still making them. I'm pretty sure MiMi's mac-n-cheese care packages are getting lost, because no way she would leave me in this health kick wasteland right?

So bear with me as we enter the time machine to go back to Mid-September when we had guests, which you know means Mom is going to try to get fancy and impress people. Which usually means she's going ethnic. This time around she made Chicken, which is a good thing, but it was covered in some kind of sauce which made it look not like chicken.


It was all shredded up, which I usually think means tacos. But not this night.
But, since she stuck me and the girl at the little table of shame, I felt like I could pretty much eat however I wanted, and not get yelled at.
So I started with broccoli. Broccoli pretty much always looks like broccoli. So it's always safe to start with. But you have to be careful and not tell Mom or Dad that you are hungry after you've finished just your broccoli, because then they say you can finish the rest of the stuff on your plate. Good grief.
I did end up eating some of the chicken. It was okay but not the best chicken I ever had. The girl ate it up. She doesn't seem to get that we can refuse to eat it and then cry later. I'll get through to her eventually.

In any event, right now, dinner is great because when we are done I get to have a piece of my hard-earned Halloween candy that is all mine and Mom and Dad would never ever eat ever.

If you want to make vaguely chicken looking chicken, click here for the recipe. It's Pete approved.



No comments:

Post a Comment