Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Stuffed Acorn Squash

Oh man, Mom's march to cozy comfort food continues. Hey, I'm all for comfort food. Ever heard of mac-n-cheese? That's comfort food. But for some reason, it keeps getting left off the menu, unless Daddy is out of town and then we get mac-n-cheese and Mommy's dinner comes in a glass with a long stem.

So I was super skeptical when Mom stuffed dinner into a squash. I did enjoy scraping out the seeds of this one. But when it was done, hmmm.... this looks interesting. And that means ultimately that I am NOT going to be eating it. I know I know I say I'm going to try it, but well, I don't know what any of this stuff is.



Even when mom took it out of the squash and just gave me the sausage and apple part. With a roll. I ate some of the roll and declared myself full.



The girl tried it. Mom called her brave and said she did a good job. That's laying it on a little thick mom. I wasn't scared of it, I just didn't want to try any of it because I was afraid it would kill me. Totally different thing.

Mom says the good thing about it is if you leave out the bread crumbs and cheese it becomes "Whole30" approved? Whatever, it's Whole Pete not approved.

Anyway, this is not Pete approved, which I guess is unfair since I didn't even try it. But honestly, it's too scary to contemplate trying.

If you want to make it, you can try it here: there's a fun video to watch of the food being made. And that's nice because any opportunity to watch TV that doesn't cost me a TV ticket is much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment