Monday, September 28, 2015

Sausage and Green Beans

Folks, there are few foods more perfectly formed in this world than sausage. It's like someone took the tasty bits of the meat and put it in a tube for us to enjoy - I'm sure it is amazing to watch it being made. Maybe I'll ask Mom to take me to a sausage factory soon. Anyway, I've talked to you about smoked sausage before (see here). And even though it was soooooo long ago, I still love it. And the girl loves it too. So we tried to eat all the sausage before it went into the pot, but Mom was on to our game. Wait, what? She's telling me it was TURKEY sausage? I feel lied to, I feel... eh, I don't care it was still delicious.

Sorry this is not the way it was supposed to look in a plate, but admittedly, Mom was dodging my hands as I tried to grab the sausage off her plate.

I think when we've had this before Mom used white potatoes, but she read somewhere that sweet potatoes are better for you or something. It doesn't really matter because it's not like I ate the potatoes anyway. I'm here for the sausage you know?

I did eventually eat some of the green beans too. I'm a worldly type of guy you know. I can eat green beans. Plus, I was assured that there was no more sausage to be had.
Even the girl ate some of her green beans. Don't mind those goldfish on her tray, those are probably mine, or at least I determined they were mine once I saw them and leaned all the way across the table to grab them.

I almost knocked over Mom's glass of what she calls "Mommy grapejuice" but she acted like I was about to spill liquid gold all over the table. Sheesh, I was just trying to get MY goldfish. Sheesh.

The sausage part of this one is approved.

You can make it here, even if you want to try to trick your family by using turkey sausage and sweet potatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment