Monday, September 7, 2015

Sausage and Red Pepper 'Keesh'

I know that I love red pepper. Sometimes I request red pepper for breakfast and Mom will cut them into little strips and put them next to a baggie so she can save what I don't eat for eating later with hummus. But she's crazy because I don't leave any left overs when it comes to eating a red pepper. So Mom thought it would be a good idea to take the red pepper and cut it up smaller and put it in a Keesh. Why would anyone do this to a perfectly good pepper?
It came out of the oven looking like this, which had promise (but she's tried to fool me before by making something look like a pie - remember this?). Eggs I like, sausage I like, and red pepper, see above.
I did eat it, but I was very busy asking why I couldn't run around in the back yard instead. I have priorities and sometimes they don't involve eating dinner. I did like it though, except for the crust, which Mom says she made a whole wheat version instead of using the traditional kind. Whatever that means. I wasn't a fan and Mom did admit it was a little overpowering on flavor. (You can find the recipe here).
The girl and I are both going through a phase where we expect people to feed us. I am doing it because I want to make sure Mom is fully committed to my upbringing. I suspect the girl is doing it because she likes doing everything I do. And I do mean everything!

Since Mom seems to want us to eat healthier (e.g. the whole wheat crust) she also used turkey sausage. I don't understand what this means. What is sausage made out of usually? I didn't notice, I stuffed my face with it and it tasted like regular sausage to me.

Anyway, the top part of this recipe is Pete approved. You can make it yourself here.




No comments:

Post a Comment