Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Broccoli Pie - (Broccoli Cheddar Quiche)

I guess maybe I've been selling my love of dessert a little too much around here, but it turns out that Mom took that as a telegraph to make a pie out of eggs and broccoli. Have you ever heard something so ridiculous? The things I put up with in this family! If someone could let my Mimi know, I'd be super grateful.

I got confused because when it came out of the oven it really did look like a pie.


But I was suspicious of the green stuff. Not even because I helped use the  chopper to make the broccoli very very small. I even stirred the eggs for this thing and then poured cheese on top without even sneaking any of the cheese to eat myself. (Shhh don't tell Mom but I did actually snag some of the cheese and eat it, but I'm pretty sure she didn't see).

Last time Mom made this she did not use the chopper on the broccoli, which everyone knows is the only real reason to do anything remotely related to broccoli. So that was very silly. But this time the broccoli was super tiny that it made it easier for the girl to eat. Since she doesn't have all her teeth yet.


I tried to slyly move over and eat some of hers when I was finished with mine, but, she's good with blocking. This girl.





Anyway, want to make it yourself? Click here for the recipe.

Pete approved.


No comments:

Post a Comment