Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Chicken Cobbler

So maybe I oversold the whole chicken thing?

We had chicken cobbler in honor of Father's Day. I'm not exactly sure what Father's Day is about but I was instructed to repeat this to Daddy on multiple occasions, so I'm guessing it has something to do with him.

I didn't get to help too much with this one, but mostly because I wasn't that interested. I figured since it was Father's Day, Daddy should take the nap. NOT ME! So I didn't. And I think by the end of the day, Mommy and Daddy just weren't understanding me and my needs. I have needs, you know. And one of them is not to be Mommy's helper if "I DON'T FEEL LIKE IT!"

I did try to touch the biscuits as much as possible before they got stuck on top of the chicken mix. But Mom caught me and again, not understanding my methods, she banished me to the playroom. Why would I want to go in there?


This is what it looked like after it finally came out of the oven a second time. DON'T TOUCH the oven.

In the meantime, we got down to serious business and made brownies for Father's Day dessert.






I got to lick the bowl. The girl totally missed out, but she was sleeping again so it was just me and a bowl full of chocolatey goodness. But let's get real, if you think I would have shared that, you just haven't been reading this blog enough.

When it came time for actually eating the dinner, which Mom thought would be a hit since the girl and I both like biscuits and chicken, we hit a snag. The girl had to be woken up from her nap for dinner. She was NOT amused. And I, well again, sometimes they just don't get me.





This is me, trying to explain my truth. Not that anyone in the house was listening. So Father's Day dinner involved some tears and then bedtime, which I think might have been early because the sun was still pretty bright outside. I never did get to eat finished brownies, but I'm sure Mommy and Daddy waited for me and wouldn't have eaten them without me. Right?

Click here for the recipe.

Approval pending.

No comments:

Post a Comment