Tuesday, June 16, 2015

We need to talk about pancakes

The best part about making pancakes in our house is that I get to help. I take all the ingredients out of the pantry and line them up on the counter for Daddy. Then Daddy lets me pour some ingredients into the bowl so he can mix them up.

A couple of weeks ago my entire routine was messed up because Mommy made the pancakes and she followed a different recipe. This was all very confusing but once I tasted the pancakes, I was inclined to forgive her. It all started after a night of delicious calzones. There was some left over ricotta cheese and mom was a little obsessed about what we should do with it? Throw it away? Feed it to the girl? Apparently it became pancakes.

Now, Daddy has resumed pancake making duties but we are still eating the new pancakes. It's hard to remember that I can only eat two or three of these pancakes compared to five of the old kind.

Sometimes I still ask for five and it makes me pretty upset when someone says I should "start with two and see what happens." You know what's going to happen? I'm gonna scream. Just saying.

Anyway, here's the recipe: http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-fluffy-ricotta-pancakes-48085 

Go ahead and try them. They won't kill you. And, they're Pete approved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment