Monday, June 8, 2015

The other lost post - Lasagna Soup

I realized looking at this page that I've posted some of the recipes where Mom surprised us all and we liked it. Where's the duds? That woman has made me eat a LOT of duds over the past three years, so where are they?

Oh yeah, Mom doesn't like to take photo evidence of them. Well you know what I found:


See what she did there? She tried to give me two spoons to entice me to eat this and I wouldn't. It's called lasagna soup. And while I like lasagna, this was an abomination. First, the noodles were too big for me to get on my fork. See my fork mom? It's itty bitty. I can't spear a big noodle with it.

Also, the cream thing threw me off. And I know I was yelling for food for half an hour as you tried to add the cream and distract me from my tantrum, all it did was cool this sucker down. And then when you made me wait until it got to the proper soup temperature, I got hangrier. Then we sit down and it's too hot to eat. Cue tantrum.

Wow, this is painful reliving these memories. Anyway, the lesson is, I don't like soup. Too hot, too hard to eat. Mom's tried soups since then but usually soups with round disks of sausage cut into them and then she drains out my liquid so I'm basically having meat and bean salad. That's been okay, but really she should know by now. I don't like soup!

I'm not out to embarrass anyone by posting a link so just as a cautionary tale, when you see that enticing Pin and think "Oh my kids like lasagna, what a neat twist." Just stop. They will not like lasagna soup. Just make lasagna.

No comments:

Post a Comment