Monday, June 8, 2015

The Lost Post - Broccoli and Cheese and Rice, Oh my!

There comes a time in every mom's life when they say they are going to keep their blog updated and post lots of cool things. Then, well, life gets in the way. And since my mom brought this girl home to live with us (she swears she's staying), well she's not been completely on top of her game.

That's okay Mom, I forgive you. Now let's discuss Popsicle payment.

Low and behold, it turns out Mom forgot to post these gems of me being awesome and eating a cheesy broccoli rice thing that apparently made gallons because one day six months after this picture was taken she dug deep into our freezer and out popped another helping of this stuff. Mom was basically a zombie at that time and the girl kept waking up at night wanting someone to hang out with her. Girl... I been there.

Anyway, the morale of the story is I ate this twice and it was good both times.

Here's a before shot. This is before Mom put the dish into the hot box I'm not allowed to touch, but sometimes do when she's not looking.

Here's the after. I think this could have been better with some crunch cereal on top. Mom agrees although she says we should use cornflakes but we all know the only acceptable cereal to put on top is Lucky Charms. Or Fruit Loops if you're in a pinch.

Oh and here's me eating it. You know, for evidence sake. Here's the link so you can make it yourself.
http://moneysavingmom.com/2012/05/4-weeks-to-fill-your-freezer-chicken-broccoli-rice-casserole-day-14.html#_a5y_p=962490

It's Pete approved.


No comments:

Post a Comment