Monday, June 29, 2015

One Pot of Stuff I'm not allowed to Touch

Here's a good tip I learned from my mom, but not the way she things. Just because some things seem interchangeable in a recipe, doesn't mean they are.

Take last night, for instance. Mom busts out the big pot which either means soup or "One Pot". That's how she describes it. Because, naturally, she's not exactly sure what she's really making until it comes out.

Perhaps that's not fair. She seemed to know what she was doing, but I'm not sure.

 Look, it's not like I minded. But click this link to the recipe and you can see what I have to deal with in this house. It's like, how can we ever know what to expect. It's gonna be anarchy!

First, mom didn't realize that we ate all the spaghetti noodles earlier in the week, so she put in the smaller pasta. I'm cool with that part. These are little tubes with holes and you can put one in your mouth and blow through it and that's awesome. But she was really taking some chances. These aren't even remotely the same shape as spaghetti.

Then, she realized that Daddy ate the sausage meant for this recipe and had to cup up a left over pork chop chicken. This was not a good idea. The tomatoes I did like and they were part of the original recipe. She also made this with chicken broth instead of just water, which was cool because that meant I got to plop the bouillon cube into the hot water and watch it fall apart.

So I actually really liked this one and ate a lot of it, but Mom seemed like she wasn't all that interested. That's okay! More for me!

Oh yeah, the girl ate some too.

Pete approved.



No comments:

Post a Comment