Thursday, June 18, 2015

Chicken - the other chicken (Tuscan Pork Chops)

We all know there is only two kinds of meat - hamburger, and chicken. So imagine my surprise when my mom said we were having Pork Chops for dinner. But I quickly realized this is actually some kind of chicken. Phew, what a relief. I like chicken.

The preparation portion was incredibly too fast and involved almost no helping from me. I like helping make dinner, Mom says it gives me "agency" or something? She read this book and for some reason thinks I'm a indentured servant or something when it comes to dinner help.

But for tonight, let's be honest, I was actually too busy taking the girl's favorite toy and running around the house with it while the girl chased me screaming. Trust me, she's going to look back on that and think it was hilarious.

Anyway, I did get to choose whether we were going to have pasta or rice on the side. I chose rice. It's fun because I get to drop the bouillon cube into the rice cooker and then poke it around when Mom isn't looking. She always figures it out though, probably because I like to say "poke, poke, poke" while I do it.

So I was pretty stoked when everything was ready and we sat down to dinner. It felt like it took FOREVER though (20 minutes). I started right in on my rice. And so did the girl. But you're probably not here to read about me eating white rice with chicken flavoring?



See what the girl is doing here? She's using her fork. Mom acted like it was a big deal. Hey lady, I'm using my fork too. Sheesh. It's like she thinks the girl is a genius or something.

Anyway, after mouthfuls of rice, Mom asked if I could eat a piece of pork CHICKEN and then asked me to give it a thumbs up or down.

 

 
 Hey... thumbs up. But, wait, turns out that doesn't mean what I think it means. I asked to spit this out later but was denied. So I chewed and chewed and eventually ate it. It didn't kill me but it was close. I didn't eat anymore but Mom ate all of hers so I guess she liked it fine.

I'm conflicted on this. I liked it and didn't like it. When this kind of thing happens, Mom usually will make this again and see what happens the second time around. So for now, we'll say approval pending.

Oh and here's the link in case you are interested in making Tuscan Pork Chops CHICKEN, yourself.
http://sweetcsdesigns.com/one-pan-tuscan-pork-chops/




No comments:

Post a Comment