Monday, June 8, 2015

Whoops, where have I been? Mexico?

Did you realize the last time we talked I was only one and a half? Man a lot has happened in my life since then. I got a bike and went swimming and even saw the ocean and we moved to Tennessee.  That's about it. Oh, and yeah, this girl came to live with us. Mom says she's permanent.

I'm getting a bit pickier now and like to not eat things just so I can say I don't want them. Then I tell Mom and Dad I'm hungry when they're putting me to bed. It doesn't really work. They usually say, "well then you should have eaten dinner." Sheesh these people. If someone can get a note to my grandma I'd be grateful.

Now that we're in Tennessee and have a house with a big backyard, Mom and Dad like to dine "all frissy cool" or whatever. I get distracted by this idea because the only thing we usually eat on the back deck are Popsicles. So throughout dinner I had to check if it was Popsicle time yet. Apparently not, but I checked every 30 seconds or so just to be sure. 



What we did eat last night was something I've liked for a long time. I usually eat all of it, but again, last night my mind was elsewhere, BRING OUT THE POPSICLES WOMAN!

So this has a layer of cornbread, which I like, a layer of hamburger, which I like, and cheese on top, which I like. Mom did this all while I was sleeping so I'm a little hurt that I didn't get to break the eggs or stir the cornbread but I guess I'll forgive her... someday. Mom only uses green chiles and red enchilada sauce in this one so it's not too spicy, but Dad likes to add Chalula to his to make it spicier. 

Here's the link so you can try it yourself: http://www.bunsinmyoven.com/2012/03/23/chicken-tamale-casserole/ Plus those photos look nicer than the one my mom took:



This one is Pete approved.



Oh yeah, and the girl ate some too.


No comments:

Post a Comment