Monday, July 6, 2015

Why can't it always be someone's birthday? - Oreo Cheesecake

So I learned this great thing this weekend. My Uncle J was in town and it was his birthday. And that meant he got to have cake! For his birthday!

Did you know cake wasn't just for MY birthday? It's a thing. People get cake on their birthday! People other than me! It's amazing.

So Mom and Aunt H got to making the cake. Uncle J's favorite is Cookies and Cream. I don't know where the cream when, but I loved helping to eat the cookie parts. Mom mashed them up in a container with a sharp twirly thing that I'm also not allowed to touch. Then she measured out a bunch of it and mixed it with butter (I got to press the microwave buttons to melt it!) and then she let me eat the left over cookie crumbs that didn't get mixed with butter! That was amazing even though she said my mouth looked like it "Saw Ron"? I don't know. She's funny.



I thought Mom took a picture of the finished product. She apparently did not. But when I was asked how big of a piece I wanted, I was pretty clear:





It had to be big.

The girl apparently really liked hers. Well she actually didn't get a piece, but ate a lot of Mom's. So that means Mom is cool with sharing her cake. I didn't know that, but I won't forget to ask again.




And well that's pretty much the best thing that happened this weekend. We ate cake. And I was so happy about it, I even hugged the girl. Make yourself happy too and click here for the recipe. (Don't go thinking Mom's looked like the one in this picture. It tasted amazing but no way it looked like that.)




Okay okay, I let her hug me.

Pete approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment