Friday, July 31, 2015

Stuffed Peppers

Have I ever mentioned that I love peppers? Green, red, yellow? Doesn't matter. I like to eat them all. So Mom got this idea that if she took something I love and made it into something else, I'd love that too. She's silly isn't she?

The first thing she did to defile my precious peppers was drop them in boiling water. They still look normal but they weren't crunchy anymore. Don't worry, I squeezed them myself when I thought she wasn't looking. I have to be sure.




Then she filled them with meat, beans and keen-wah. WHAT IS GOING ON?! She wasn't picking up on my subtle hints that she was RUINING the peppers. The recipe even told her to use brown rice and she used keen-wah instead. I think I totally would have been on board with brown rice. After they cooked covered for a while, she took them out and put cheese on them.
And they went back in the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese. By this time the girl was getting really upset. She was tired and hungry. Who can blame that poor kid. She was waiting forever!
I ate a bunch of sliced up raw pepper and then gave mom all kinds of shade about her trying to make me eat a trumped up version of a pepper.
And even though the girl spent the first twenty minutes of dinner crying and thrashing in her high chair, she eventually sat on Mom's lap and ate her entire plate. She must have been delirious.

Anyway this is not Pete approved, but the girl and mom sure seemed to like it.

You can make it here, if you also like to ruin a perfectly good pepper.



No comments:

Post a Comment