Thursday, July 2, 2015

Sloppy Joes - Slop Sloppy Joes

For some reason, after I asked Mom what we were having for dinner tonight she started singing a song that went something like, "Sloppy Joe, slop, sloppy Joe." I have no idea what that means, but she finally came clean and said we were having Sloppy Joes. I'm pretty sure Dad said they are named after my Uncle Joey.

Ahem, not broccoli. She didn't tell me broccoli was involved.



I'm not sure what's so sloppy about it. My plate looked just like every other time I've eaten something, so she must have been mistaken.

I loudly proclaimed that I would be eating ALL my food when it was set in front of me. But after a few bites I was full. Look at the size of that bun.

The bun was actually pretty delicious. We got to go to the grocery store on our way home from school which never happens even though EVERY TIME we drive by it I point and yell "THERE'S THE GROCERY STORE!" You would think this lady would stop every now and then, but nope.

The best part of our grocery store is that kids get a cookie when we go in. And they had a cart with steering wheels so both the girl and I could sit together while Mom pushed us around. The girl thought it was hilarious. Anyway, we went to the grocery store and got the buns for dinner. They were real fresh. So fresh, I pinched one all up while it was still in the bag. Mom was not a big fan of that.

Anyway, I liked Sloppy Joes. Even when it fell on my pants.

You can find the recipe here.

And even though it was super wet outside from rain, we ate Popsicles! Naturally.

Pete Approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment